March is Endometriosis Awareness Month, and with the stat now moving from 1 in 10 women affected to 1 in 9 we thought a library of resources would be a great way for us to re-visit content on this common disease that needs to be talked about more. Here you'll find a list of past blogs, articles we love, accounts we follow and a few other bits that hopefully bring a feeling of support and togetherness.
Remember - knowledge is power :) :) :)
But first, what is Endometriosis?
We love how author and ambassador Bridget Hustwaite describes Endo - hard to pronounce, hard to diagnose and even harder to live with.
Endometriosis is a common disease in which the tissue (that is similar to the lining of the uterus) actually begins to grow outside it in other parts of the body. More than 11% of Australian women suffer from endometriosis at some point in their life and it often starts as a teenager.
Below is a list with love from us. We are always here to talk about Endometriosis.
- Our first blog on Endometriosis is here and it breaks down symptoms and who to talk to in each state of Australia.
- This is a blog we wrote that details Leesa's personal journey with Endometriosis
- We found this app that could help you gain insight into how endometriosis or chronic period pain symptoms uniquely affect you - to receive the care you deserve
- We love this account for support, education and truth
- We love that the creator of that account Bridget Hustwaite has also written a book called How To Endo and you can purchase it here
- Maybe Follow Lena Dunham - honest, brilliant, brave, hilarious
- Maybe Listen to iWeigh with Dr Jen Gunter
- Check out these evidence based tips
- Maybe read this article - women have been missing from the conversation about their own health for so long.
Let's KEEP TALKING ABOUT IT!
Know another resource we should be on top of? We would love to hear from you at firstname.lastname@example.org